What Does Red Heart Mean on SnapChat? Snapchat is a popular social media platform that enables users to share photos, videos, and messages with friends and family. One of the many features of Snapchat is emojis, which are small digital images used to express feelings and emotions. One of the most commonly used emojis on Snapchat is the red heart emoji. In this article, we will discuss what the red heart means on Snapchat.
Understanding Emojis on Snapchat
Snapchat has a variety of emojis that appear next to a friend’s name on the app. Each emoji represents a different level of friendship or interaction between you and your friend. Understanding these emojis can help you better communicate with your friends on Snapchat.
The Basics of Emojis on Snapchat
Before we dive into the meaning of the red heart emoji, let’s take a look at some basic Snapchat emojis:
- Yellow Heart: This emoji indicates that you are each other’s best friends. You have snapped each other frequently for two weeks straight.
- Smiling Face: This emoji signifies that the person is one of your best friends, but you are not one of theirs.
- Fire: When you see the fire emoji, it means that you and your friend have been snapping each other back and forth for consecutive days.
- Hundred: This emoji appears when you and your friend have been snapping each other for 100 days in a row.
What Does the Red Heart Mean on Snapchat?
The red heart emoji on Snapchat signifies that you and your friend have been each other’s number one best friend for at least two weeks in a row. The red heart replaces the yellow heart after the two-week mark, signifying that your friendship has lasted longer than just a couple of weeks.
When you see the red heart emoji on Snapchat, it means that you have been consistently snapping each other more than any other friend on the app. It is a clear indication that you and your friend have a strong and close relationship.
Other Heart Emojis on Snapchat
In addition to the red heart emoji, there are several other heart emojis that you might see on Snapchat:
- Pink Hearts: This indicates that you and your friend have been each other’s number one best friend for two months straight.
- Two Hearts: When you see this emoji next to a friend’s name, it means that you have been each other’s best friends for two weeks straight. It is a step before the red heart emoji.
- Blue Heart: The blue heart emoji on Snapchat signifies that you and your friend both share a mutual best friend. This could be someone that you both snap frequently.
Snapchat emojis are a fun and easy way to communicate with friends on the app. Understanding what they mean can help you better connect and communicate with your friends. The red heart emoji on Snapchat signifies a strong and consistent friendship between you and your friend. Keep snapping to maintain that close relationship!
- Can I change the meaning of an emoji on Snapchat? No, the meanings of the emojis on Snapchat are predetermined by the app.
- What if I send a red heart to someone I don’t know well? Sending a red heart to someone you don’t know well might come across as too intimate or forward. Be mindful of how you use emojis in your communication.
- Why did my red heart disappear on Snapchat? The red heart disappears when you and your friend have not been consistently snapping each other for two weeks.
- Can I customize the emojis on Snapchat? No, the emojis on Snapchat cannot be customized.
- Can I add new emojis to Snapchat? At this time, it is not possible to add new emojis to Snapchat.